tire replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I am looking into replacing my stock tires on my 08 expedition 2x4. I mainly drive it on the road and don't really need AT but like the look of them. Plus we get snow once in a while in the winter not much.

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well, i love BF goodrich but they can be a little pricey. right now i am running Nitto terra grappler A/T and they seem to do just fine. havent seen them in snow yet but once i head to the mountain for ski season, i will let you know how they run.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
im running the nitto dune grappler works great in the snow has great curb appeal and are very quiet

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
another great tire is the "General grabber AT2"

very similar to a BFG AT but a lot cheap and they have many good reviews.. now if they would only make em in a 37"

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i like my bfgs but they are pricey. so i would stay away from them if you dont have a lot of $$.

jeff1998

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have had a set of Mastercraft AT2's now for about a month and love them. No noise, good tread design, somewhat aggresive look, 50,000 mile warranty and only $140 a tire for 285/75/16's. They are made in the USA also.

Expeditionary

Full Access Members
Reaction score
BFG and Michelin are the best tires around (sometimes you actually DO get what you pay for) My father and I have had BFG and Michilin on both of our trucks, and trucks we have had in the past.
I have also talked to many with all different kinds of Nitto Grapplers, terra, trail, dune, mud, etc. they all have had great experiences with their tires.

I have nothing bad to say about their products.
As for generals... there is a reason their grabber AT has the exact same tread pattern as the BFG AT, same as The Toyo MTs and The Cooper STTs have a similar pattern. Its really the tread compound that will tell you wether or not you'll be replacing tires after 20K.

Last edited:

vince0190

Reaction score
All season tires are the most popular type and typically come with an S- and T-speed rating. They are standard on many sedans and minivans, and are designed to handle most conditions including dry and wet pavement and light to moderate snow

brick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have used Michelin LTX's on an Expy and two Navigators. When the Pirellis need replacement on my 2016 Expy, I will put Michelins on. Not a mud tire, but great all-around performance and very smooth, quiet ride.
brick