Tire suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edizzle

Full Access Members
Reaction score
replacing the Hankooks. TBH we have been pretty damn happy with them. looking at some Continentals, have heard good things. these are for our platinum w/ 22s

Gumby

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just replaced the Hankooks at the beginning of the summer with a set of Yoko Parada Spec X in 22. They are ok. Wear seems pretty good.

KJ-Idaho

Reaction score
replacing the Hankooks. TBH we have been pretty damn happy with them. looking at some Continentals, have heard good things. these are for our platinum w/ 22s

I replaced my hankooks within three months with Continental terrainContact ATs. Excellent tires. Quiet, good handling, M&S rated. The other Continental “contacts” should work well if you will stay on roads and don’t get snow.

Bmanxx13

Reaction score
I have a pair of Toyo's that are good overall, but seems like they don't last long... They came with the truck (bought at 35k miles now at ~47k) so I'm not sure how old they are. They need to be replaced soon.

Planning on trying the Michelin Defender LTX or Premier depending on the deals I find.

inmanlanier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a buddy in the tire business; we have both raced cars and are quite persnickety about them. We both want excellent dry and wet traction with reasonable wear, and quality manufacture (Bridgestone) so they stay round. He recommended the Firestone LE2 to me (don't think the LE3s were out then). He had them on his first expedition; I'm sure that will be the ones he puts on his current expedition. We both tow 7000 lbs. or so. They've been excellent. He's NOT a Firestone dealer, but he has great feedback circles from all his customers and the large SUV customers like give him great feedback on this tire.

Dice Roll

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Know some tires have a regular and a heavy duty rated version of the same tire. Michelin for instance has a regular and a premier of the defender. Load rating is different.

UTEngineer

Reaction score
Being that I am located in the northern Rocky Mountains, not sure if my recommendation would apply to Cashiers, NC.

However, we just put on a brand new set of 8-ply 20 inch BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires. Went with 8-ply to tow our 9,000 lb. travel trailer. Not sure if they offer this tire in a 22 inch size.

In my opinion this is the best all-around tire you can buy for our climate and terrain. Excellent off-road capability, 3-peak snow rating, excellent ice traction, does well on wet surfaces, and fairly quiet on the pavement for an all-terrain tire. The only downside is the softer rubber compound that gives better traction comes at the price of an accelerated tread wear rate.

But since my wife only puts on about 5,000 to 7,000 miles per year, accelerated tread wear is not a major concern.

3D937799-9FBF-48F7-8AAC-A6D30BC97FAF.jpeg

45A45200-4D2F-4D5F-AAA4-D479A6CAEDD3.jpeg