Tom’s 2014 XLT 4X4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ExplorerTom

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Accurate however Eezi-awn doesnt list rack or mounts for an expedition. Hence the question for a part nunber or model it was for.

Correct. A little DIY hole drilling is required to get the roof mounts to line up to the new hole pattern is required.

As far as part number, I don’t remember. But it really doesn’t matter. What do I mean by that? I’ve had this same rack on 3 different vehicles: my 1997 Explorer, my 2000 Expedition and my 2014 Expedition. The roof rails have lots of holes in them because each vehicle has required its own set of holes.

So go measure your roof and where you want the rack. Then go to equipt1.com and look at what they have available (will probably need to convert english to metric). And/or send an email to their customer service (might just get a response from the owner) and let them know what you’re looking to do.

Yes the rack is expensive. But I’ve had this rack installed in some fashion or another for almost 5 years. It still looks great. It’s not rusted (it’s aluminum). And in 10 or more years when I’m done with my 2014, it’ll either be moved to my next vehicle or sold for at least half what I paid for it. Buy once, cry once.

OP
OP
ExplorerTom

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dropped the transmission pan today and replaced it with a pan with a drain plug. In the process, 7 qts of Mercon LV were also replaced. The magnet wasn’t too fuzzy, but the fluid was definitely in need of replacement. Not sure if I believe the whole “lifetime fluid” thing Ford and other manufacturers like to push.

97k miles and change.

83551A71-022F-43B3-83D3-10087155CB65.jpeg

698341D9-2E0B-4CDC-946A-4F563FD8CFC4.jpeg

B85E1B1C-D951-4F8B-B81C-D1D81F66D1AB.jpeg

Last edited:

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My excursion had a plug in the pan and the converter. I never could figure out what these engineers are smokin' now.

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wonder why you're putting motor oil in a transmission. Learn something new every day.

OP
OP
ExplorerTom

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My excursion had a plug in the pan and the converter. I never could figure out what these engineers are smokin' now.
My 4r100 in my 2000 Expedition had the same- likely the same trans in your Excursion.

Dustin Gebhardt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I eventually got sick of those hand pumps and the quart bottles. I ended up using a 4qt bottle of ATF modified with a tire valve up near the spout and a long rubber line pushed through the lid and running down to the bottom of the bottle. I place the other end of the rubber hose in the trans fill hole, hook up an air chuck to the tire valve (with the air pressure dialed WAY back), and gently pressurize the 4qt jug.