Took the 2016 Off Roading a few quick videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally got a chance to test out the new suspension setup and tires off road. Well technically not “off road” since we never left a National Forest Road or Local County Road. Yup, even the third video where we go up the creek that is technically a county road. Only got video of the pretty easy portions as it was only my buddy and I and he was helping guide and spot on the tough stuff which was more important than pics and videos, plus we only had a phone that was our navigation as well.
Granted we weren’t rock crawling and doing rock stairs and table tops like @shinysideup2 gets crazy with.
So hope to do more and get a decent camera to show a bit more of what these rigs can do. Again, I am not about the rock crawling and all that craziness. This is my daily driver and I don’t want to tear it up too bad but still want to have some fun.
I have to say this thing absolutely blew away my expectations on what it would do.

I am fortunate enough to live in the backyard of the Daniel Boone National Forest and Red River Gorge near Slade, Kentucky. There happens to be a loop of 1,000 miles of National Forest and local roads that some are paved, gravel, dirt, mud, and creeks all plotted out by one fella over 6 years.

http://annessky.net/kat/

Here are a couple quick videos. Sorry, no editing, fancy intros, cool video names or anything. I may figure that stuff out some day.

shinysideup2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! Curious - how do you like the 5100 and 4600 shocks on-road - e.g. going over big dips? I still think the 6112's could use a bit more rebound. Having 9-step adjustable Ranchos in the rear helps when going between towing (8/9) to street (7/9) to off-road (4/9).

Glad to see you're making progress on your rig! Hope you're recovery is coming along well.

OP
OP
Black

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The road ride is worlds better than stock and I thought that would be hard to do. These things ride really well in factory for. Blows the in laws 2017 Suburban with auto leveling and all that fancy stuff out of the water.
Big dips are not bad at all seem to be lessened actually.
The part that is not so good is when you are doing 50 or above and you hit that stretch of road with a bunch of pot holes or bumps real close together. You feel them more but I went from a C load tire to an E load so much stiffer sidewalls and stiffer shocks not much you can do about it.
I had the cruise control set at 80 on the Mountain Parkway Here which has some long winding turns and the thing was like it was on rails. Smooth and stable.

I am guessing the spring rates between the F150 and Expedition are much more different than I expected.
Never dreamed I would get 4” of lift on the 2” setting.
I am guessing that since the 6112s are an F150 spring rate is why you have that issue.

As for the recovery I am just fine. Had to put off some summer projects last year to do this year and since the hospital did not want to knock any money off the bills for paying cash I said screw it you get $50 a month till it’s paid off. So still paying of the surgery bill but ohh well.