Torque Pro and other bluetooth apps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnboneske

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those of you that use Torque Pro or are considering it, I found out today I can use my Iheart radio while I use Touque Pro and the wireless dongle. I was told and under the assumption that you can only use one bluetooth device at a time on a smartphone. But, I can use BOTH at the same time. Maybe its different for Iphone users?​

scythefwd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Many android devices have allowed pairing and using multiple bluetooth profiles at the same time. I've used my bt elm327 adapter and pandora or maps or even talked on a phone call at the same time in at least two different cars now. One with a factory radio with bt, the other an aftermarket radio. The whole time torquepro was updating info. Iphones are special... they, at least at one time, had an incomplete bt stack implimentation and it actually prevented a lot of bt code readers from even working with iphones. I cant say if you can do more than one at once.. I refuse to use the wifes phone to find out lol.

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not sure who told you that.
When driving I am always paired to Sync, OBDLink app, and my Suunto watch. I do this with an iPhone with no issues.

scythefwd

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Black.. iphones, for the longest time had an incomplete bt stack. They could always talk to multiple items via bt.. but there were some thing the iphone just cannot pair with due to its crippled stack. I can verify at least the 4s, 5s, 6, and 7s are unable to pair with my bt adapter i use for torque.. none of my android devices (from android 4 -7 ) have ever had issues pairing to the same adapter.

EDITED for spelling.. I can hardly be taken seriously if I can't even spell it...

Last edited: