Tow mirrors

Discussion in 'Towing & Hauling' started by johnboneske, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Munkiebunz3

Munkiebunz3 Full Access Members

Same. I regularly use the power fold when I park & when I'm stuck in traffic and a fellow rider is filtering through traffic. No power fold, no swappy mirrors

2. anishemaya

anishemaya Member

Are you guys having any vibration issues with these after market tow mirrors? I bought some once for a Suburban & they sucked. (From a1 auto) I want to upgrade but I can’t stand a vibrating mirror. Also as I understand it the puddle lights can be added on the stock mirrors so they should work on these tow mirrors correct?

3. johnboneske

johnboneske Full Access Members

I didn't have any problems. I read though to use the original nuts from the factory mirrors on the new ones. I did and seems like with the built in washer they snugged up better and feel more secure.

The new ones come with puddle lights, don't need to ad them. I got mine with the turn signal too

4. Black

Black Full Access Members

Did you have turn signals in your factory mirrors?
    Was curious if I bought the signal mirrors if they would work since I don’t have turn signal factory mirrors.

5. Adieu

Adieu Full Access Members

NONE

The F150-lookalike mirrors are 1AAuto aftermarket Expedition Tow Mirrors --- same body and interchangeable covers and lenses, BUT totally different door mount

6. johnboneske

johnboneske Full Access Members

Yes, that is 100% correct. They look very similar, but the studs on the mirrors for the Expedition are different than the F150's. You would think they were the same and would save us and Ford some $, but they didn't do it that way, and they are NOT the same

Also I haven't seen any of the tow mirrors that are power folding or extending, you have to manually told them and extend them. Some might find them to be a pain, but do you want tow mirrors or not?

The stock mirrors no matter what you do will never work to a wide trailer or camper with, the only option is to get tow mirrors, so beggars can't be choosers... I love mine and they work amazing!