Tow package fuel economy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I do wish my tank was larger as well, but i do get more range outta this truck then my nav with 28 gal tank. On a good Hwy stretch its pullin well over 550+ miles on a 23 gal tank.

ANGEL TORES

Reaction score
I get about 20mpg when not towing my 7500 lbs camper. When towing I get 9-10mpg. Having the tow package is nice to have...
Hope this helps, good luck

Rossue

Reaction score
Having a 4300 lb.(wet max) Esacape 21 I could have passed on HD Tow, and almost did, yet was able to negotiate a price that was only $500 more than the one at the other Dealer without.

Love the integrated brake controller, which I believe is only available with HD Tow, and it has gettyup off the line with that 3.73! I get better mileage towing- over 14 mpg over first trip, 4K miles than my Yukon w/5.3(12.5). Around town it is as good as my 2011 Murano was. That was a thirsty crossover!

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can’t afford the gas you can’t afford the truck. An old man used to tell me that when I was younger. Quit your crying lol

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you can’t afford the gas you can’t afford the truck. An old man used to tell me that when I was younger. Quit your crying lol

But people can borrow every cent of the new vehicle today, and then pay on it for 5-10 years! lol

coupe11

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Went for a ride yesterday out in the country. Some 4 lane, some 2 lane, small towns, etc. Nothing over 60 mph for posted speed limits.

Ate at Chic fil a (breakfast). No more McDonalds breakfast stuff for me. Took the 2014 Expedition, my wife and mother-in-law.

Stopped here and there at antique shops, small country stores, etc. They shopped and I sat in the comfortable seat and read a paperback. Got coffee/drinks a couple times. Always fun to go for a ride on a cold, rainy/snowy day and enjoy the warmth inside the vehicle and a few cups of hot coffee or cocoa, listen to the radio, see the sights and just talk without the house phone ringing every 15 or 20 minutes.

Filled it up as we left, drove just over 100 miles and filled it up when we got back. 18.8 mpg. Not a bad day at all. The Outlander got 29 mpg when we filled it up the day before but its no where near as fun/nice to drive as the Expedition.

Not a bad day at all.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
But people can borrow every cent of the new vehicle today, and then pay on it for 5-10 years! lol
We were shocked when we went to settle up with the finance guy and he had options for 72 months and some longer. Then he was shocked when we wanted zero months.

Plati

Reaction score
I think the original question was "do you get better gas mileage with 3.31 rear diff vs 3.73 if you never tow?"

I'm not sure I saw answer to that.
Did I miss it?

Do you get faster acceleration with 3.73 or more torque? I think more torque would be same acceleration but could pull more load at that acceleration. Kind of like having a larger motor on a snowblower will throw snow the same distance but will not get bogged down.