Tow Package or No?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
+1

When mine eventually falls of the carousel at Chicago and makes it's way here, I will fit it and wait till spring if required. Might see if a few bucks in cash proffered to the dealer tech makes anything happen at next oil change / service but otherwise I will bide my time

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the unit arrived but it is just the module with a bunch of connectors, doesn't include the dash portion.

upload_2018-11-8_18-15-40.jpeg

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So the unit arrived but it is just the module with a bunch of connectors, doesn't include the dash portion.

View attachment 27566

What do you mean, the dash portion? I'm trying to understand, because I would NOT think a different dash fascia would be necessary, as whether your vehicle comes with tbc from factory or not, it would seem the dash provision would be the same. Others who've I've read, that retrofitted the tbc, mentioned removing the cubby, via a screw or two, which are located behind the rubber liner, if I remember correctly.

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I mean the actual controller buttons and sliders that you use aren't supplied.

upload_2018-11-8_19-7-12.png

gtncpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I wonder what goes in the passenger cubby. Maybe something in the top trims.

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't realize it took two components for the brake controller. I took the time to look up the actual dash switch. What a pain. Here is the number JL3Z-2C006-AA

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't realize it took two components for the brake controller. I took the time to look up the actual dash switch. What a pain. Here is the number JL3Z-2C006-AA
I'm guessing there is wiring as well? because the controller is just the box, no wiring, no looms and if the switch assembly arrives same then we are still missing bits.

It's - 22C here so I'm not shlepping out to a breakers to disassemble an f-150 to check :)