Tow Package or No?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm guessing there is wiring as well? because the controller is just the box, no wiring, no looms and if the switch assembly arrives same then we are still missing bits.

It's - 22C here so I'm not shlepping out to a breakers to disassemble an f-150 to check :)

According to the F-150 forum the wiring harness is already inside the dash, once you remove the two screws and the cubby, you should see it.

Plati

Reaction score
A wise man once told me "you can never have too much truck"

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
According to the F-150 forum the wiring harness is already inside the dash, once you remove the two screws and the cubby, you should see it.

I get that there is harness already present for the module (indicated below in Green) it looks like there is a standalone cable or bundle of cables that run from the controller module to the user switch module as indicated below in red. Do they come with the user controls or are they a separate buy??

Everything in green I believe I have, the blue is a "yet to buy" item and the red is question mark, does it exit?

Car --> Harness --> Brake control module --> User Controls

But thanks for the comment

5150 pops

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I didn't realize it took two components for the brake controller. I took the time to look up the actual dash switch. What a pain. Here is the number JL3Z-2C006-AA

A metal box with several square connectors attached to a mounting bracket. So basically the control module is separate to the switch gear. :(

I get that there is harness already present for the module (indicated below in Green) it looks like there is a standalone cable or bundle of cables that run from the controller module to the user switch module as indicated below in red. Do they come with the user controls or are they a separate buy??

Everything in green I believe I have, the blue is a "yet to buy" item and the red is question mark, does it exit?

Car --> Harness --> Brake control module --> User Controls

But thanks for the comment

Maybe this ad with an actual picture would help...
https://www.ebay.com/p/OEM-In-dash-...Module-2018-Ford-F-150-JL3Z2C006AA/8012527992

Uturn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK, I just looked at mine and found the trailer brake module and wiring harness already there, which means only the controller switch (JL3Z-2C006-AA) in the dash and programming is needed. To verify you already have the module, look under the dash just to the left of the brake pedal assembly. The module is located on a bracket with three wire connections facing outward. Mine is white with a tag on the left side that says "MOD & BRKT ASSY TRL". The harness connector that plugs into the switch is plugged into the back of the cubby That needs to be removed to install the switch.

Last edited:

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aha. OK going to check this evening. If thats the case I will send the controller back and order the controller switch assembly.

ETC13

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the current status on being able to add the brake controller? Only controller switch (JL3Z-2C006-AA) Needed?

Also, has Forscan been able to program for such yet?

X BRONCO OWNER

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the towing rating is for a FX4 without the heavy duty tow package?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360