1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Towing a 24 foot enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Towing & Hauling' started by Joseph Rodriguez, Jul 29, 2020 at 9:36 PM.

1. Joseph Rodriguez

Joseph Rodriguez New Member

Hello everyone!!
    I am new to the group. I am a long time Ford owner and I am looking for a 2014-2016 Expedition EL with the heavy duty towing package. I guess my first question is does it make a difference if I use the standard wheel base Expedition or the EL ? Does the longer wheelbase of the EL make a difference in towing? Do all the Expeditions come with the heavy duty towing package? I’m thinking I will be towing about 6,000 to 7,000 lbs, using a 24 foot enclosed car trailer. I’m guessing I will need to find an Expedition with the heavy duty towing package? How difficult are they to find? Thank you in advance for any help. By the way as a side note, my last tow vehicle was a 2003 Ford e250 Econoline van

Last edited: Jul 29, 2020 at 10:19 PM
  2. JasonH

JasonH Full Access Members

Longer wheelbase is more stable. Ecoboost started in 2015. All Limited and higher trims from 2015 through 2017 came with HD Tow standard, so they are easy to find. I can't speak for anything prior to 2015, but the configuration guides are online.

Joseph Rodriguez likes this.
  3. Joseph Rodriguez

Joseph Rodriguez New Member

Thank you for the info !!!