Towing mirror questions 2020-2021

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PittExped1

Reaction score
Hey all.
I joined here because I am seriously considering an expedition as my next suv.

It will be an upgrade from my 6.0 yukon denali that I've run up 250,000 miles on.
It's just... time. Lol

I'm not completely coming in blind since I've rented new, loaded expeditions from 2018 through 2020's and I've liked them alot. I haven't owned one so I've been lurking here for a while to see complaints, issues, etc.

My question is about extended width tow mirrors. It seems that after some point, there hasn't been alot of support or options as far as tow mirrors.
With yukon, I've used clip ons for years and they've met the need when towing my enclosed trailer and deck over but I wanted to see if better options exist for the expeditions.
I would either look for a 2020 or 2021 model year.

I have seen the trail ridge mirrors. They seem bulky but effective but, I don't see if they fit the latest model years.

I would prefer a bolt on that would retain power features, not look butt ugly, and be just as durable as a ford made mirror.

Thanks!

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all.
I joined here because I am seriously considering an expedition as my next suv.

It will be an upgrade from my 6.0 yukon denali that I've run up 250,000 miles on.
It's just... time. Lol

I'm not completely coming in blind since I've rented new, loaded expeditions from 2018 through 2020's and I've liked them alot. I haven't owned one so I've been lurking here for a while to see complaints, issues, etc.

My question is about extended width tow mirrors. It seems that after some point, there hasn't been alot of support or options as far as tow mirrors.
With yukon, I've used clip ons for years and they've met the need when towing my enclosed trailer and deck over but I wanted to see if better options exist for the expeditions.
I would either look for a 2020 or 2021 model year.

I have seen the trail ridge mirrors. They seem bulky but effective but, I don't see if they fit the latest model years.

I would prefer a bolt on that would retain power features, not look butt ugly, and be just as durable as a ford made mirror.

Thanks!

There’s a couple of threads on here re towing mirrors. Here’s one and I think I had previously dropped a link to the other in there:

https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/towing-mirrors.43760/

Reaction score
I bought a set of the strap on mirrors for towing my 27' travel trailer and find with the BLIS I don't need the mirrors. I found them annoying and they didn't improve my rear vision enough to make it worth using them. If the BLIS light is off your good to go to move over..... TS

OP
OP
P

PittExped1

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I'll pick through the links.

Surely not looking for cam systems because if they have a malfunction during a trip you are sort of screwed.
The blis is a good point but I'm sure the mirrors are essential while in tight quarters and backing up

OP
OP
P

PittExped1

Reaction score
I may have been a little babied while driving my prior trucks that used flip out oem mirrors. I guess to me it seems like auto makers should just get them on the option sheets.

Wayne Decker

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What are you towing? If it's a camper or similar type of trailer, put a rearview camera on the trailer. No blind spots, total coverage. Period.

Matthew Abrams

Reaction score
I bought a set of the strap on mirrors for towing my 27' travel trailer and find with the BLIS I don't need the mirrors. I found them annoying and they didn't improve my rear vision enough to make it worth using them. If the BLIS light is off your good to go to move over..... TS

Did you have to do anything special to get BLIS to work? I have added my trailer (32') but blind spot does not work.