Towing Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Decent tow mirrors (like on the SD or F-150) would be awesome. I've asked Ford reps at car shows and have e-mailed them, posted suggestions on MyFord.com, etc. No luck. Bottom line, they do not sell enough units to warrant any re-design investments. Given the price of gas, my guess is the Expy will be like the Crown Vic. They will keep selling them to a limited audience, but will only make minor changes. The same holds true for the Chevy Suburban. Just not demand to drive change.

ceegeemm

Reaction score
Today, I learned that the slide-on plastic tow mirrors for the 2002 Expedition fit my 2007 XLT Expedition pretty well. I can't remember the brand, but I got them at an RV dealer.
I think they will stay on OK, not vibrate, but I did two easy mods on each, a 1.5" dia hole in the bottom for the mirror lite to shine thru the underside and cut a little of the inboard at the bottom, so the mirrors can be folded against the vehicle. I got them for $39 each. They come in LH and RH models.

1ATony

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Are you guys still interested in tow mirrors for the Ford Expeditions?

Tony

sgtowing

Supporting Members
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends on what kind they are. I'm not interested in the clip/slide on type.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII Using Tapatalk2

Irwin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Definitely, I have been searching since I got my truck.......

mrford60

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would really like to find a set like the F150 towing mirrors, I cannot see around my enclosed car trailer

CartsXJ

Reaction score
Has anybody tried to fit a set of late model or compareable model F150 tow mirrors to their Expedition? The mirror mount area looks to be very similar in size bwtween the F150 and the Expy.

I have a set of factory F150 2011 tow mirrors on my 05 F150 and am looking at upgrading to an Expedition in the next year or two, family is getting bigger, and would love to keep the tow mirrors for towing my Jeep.