Towing Mirrors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Carts,

As already posted, thes F 150 mirrors will not work on the Expeditions. The doors and mirror mounting points on these vehicles are very different.

If it were a simple swap, I would have already done it and be marketing a kit for the swap, but it will take lots of metal and body fabrication.

marc

CartsXJ

Reaction score
Well that sucks. I mean the sail-panel, mirror mounting area, looking very similar between a

2005 expedition
$T2eC16dHJHwE9n8ii+WJBRjE3jj7G!~~60_1.jpg

and a 2003 F150
BIA202028_d.jpg.

Heck the front doors look interchangeable. Well I guess if I do pull the trigger on an expedition.....I'll be with the rest of you, hoping for some factory style tow mirrors to hit the market.

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well that sucks. I mean the sail-panel, mirror mounting area, looking very similar between a

2005 expedition

and a 2003 F150

Heck the front doors look interchangeable.

They are, but Ford changed the F150 in 2004 and after that the mirrors / doors do not interchange with the Expeditions at all.

If you find good tow mirrors for old F150 ( prior to 04 ) then you should be all set.

Matt

CartsXJ

Reaction score
That was kind of my original point. I know Ford changes the doors on the F150 in 04, but seem to have kept the old style (pre-04 F150) on the expedition.

I've seen Tow mirrors for the 99-03 F150 listed on Ebay and they look factory style, has anybody tried them?

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the 97-03 f150 mirrors will not fit on an expedition.... a supercrew F150 mirror will fit because they have a larger mount... reg cab and super cab f150 have the smaller mount which is the style that is sold on ebay.... 2nd and 3rd gen expy mirrors will fit on 1st gen expys... I've been messing around with the idea of larger mirrors for mine... closest thing I've thought of and haven't done yet is get a set of superduty mirrors and make them fit then bondo and shape them to look stock... I've seen it done on a f150 but it was a lot of work and can't find cheap enough superduty mirrors yet to cut up and fit...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze