Towing Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've got a nice reese set up if you want to buy it, I inherited it with a trailer. If you want it I'll let it go for 135 bucks. I can meet you or have one of my guys meet you in Houston. I can snap you some photos in the morning if you want, it comes with a friction sway control as well.

If you are looking in the higher dollar range Anderson is the only way to go.
Andersen 'No-Sway' Weight Distribution Hitch

Pappy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought an EAZ-Lift WDH with friction sway control when I replaced my rear tires. Made a difference like night and day. It looks exactly like that PPL unit and was probably made in the same building.

rollinstone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've been using the Andersen Anti-Sway WDH for 2 years, now. The whole system weighs only 60 lbs and it's very solid. Easy to remove/hookup at campsites...and it has a very wide weight limitations...up to 14,000 lbs trailer weight and 1,200 tongue weight. Many of the others have narrower weight carrying limitations so ya gotta get one that fits your specific weights. If you go over or under, your WDH is going to be less than effective.

Rcurtis

Reaction score
4 pin to 7

Im wiring my 4 pole to a 7 pin. I've got everything hooked except the purple wire on the 7 pin. This is the wire that overrides the reverse lockout on the trailer. Direction say to hook the purple wire to the backup light, but it doesn't reach. There are wires down by the hitch but I don't know which of them to splice into?? Please help. Everything else is hooked up and they work.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze