Toyo Open Country HTD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 61,100 on these original tires (2018 MAX Limited) and looking to replace them. Not too much info about them on the internet but they are still available through Big O, Discount Tire, etc. at ~$880 installed OTD. They are smooth, quiet, nice riding tires - which, by all accounts are what the mfg.'s target when specifying original equipment tires.

What mileage did you get from the original Toyo HTD tires on your Expedition? Did you consider just replacing with the same? If not what did you choose and how do they compare?

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Question: have they been discontinued, or are they just not in production at this time? You might want to have your vendor verify the manufacturing date on the tires before you buy them. More and more you hear that the "recommended" useful life of tires is five years, so try to avoid buying tires that may have been warehoused for a year or more. I'm not 100% sold on that, but it is what the tire industry is pushing.

OP
OP
Bill Schell

Bill Schell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great point. Old stock is definitely something to consider given the supply chain disruptions. I did speak with Toyo (USA) and the person I spoke with said they are still manufactured. Neither the Discount Tire or Big O near us stocks them (no real surprise there) but both said 2-3 days after order. I will inquire about it when ordering and check the mfg. date when they arrive just to be sure.