TPMS question 2016 Expedition with 2016 F150 wheels and TPMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

68lemans462

Reaction score
I have the MaxiTPMS tool. 2016 Expedition with 2016 F150 wheels/TPMS sensors. The tool picks up all sensors and will ONLY read the sensors if I put the tool on "Ford F150 01/2015-12/2017 (315MHz) (P552)". It will not recognize the sensors if I select "Ford Expedition 01/2015 0 12/2015 (315 MHz)". Both appear to require the same frequency.

When I put the truck into learn mode I cannot get it to recognize the sensors. I could be using the tool wrong. Once I get the vehicle into learn mode I connect to the sensor and click "Y" to "trigger" it. Nothing happens, no horn chirp. Can someone tell if if these sensors will work with my 2016 Expedition (03/16) date?

Last edited:

Ellison Brown III

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Glad I ran across this… I can help. I’ve got a 2016 Expedition. Bought my buddy’s OEM 2016 F-150 OEM takeoff’s. Same year… essentially the same truck, right? Should work just fine I figured. NOPE!!! Totally different. Had to get new ones. What initially was a great deal for wheels, and tires, turned out to be a mediocre deal because of the extra $225 I had to shell out for the new sensors, mounting, and programming!!! Damn you, Ford!!!

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hahaha… I didn’t catch that “Forseskin” thing.
This has been a troll test. Had this been a actual emergency, a troll would have come out of the woodwork and told you exactly how it's spelled (FORScan) in a manner which you will not be happy with.

Can we stop saying Forseskin now?

WEDGE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Sensors are different. The Expedition takes TPMS12, where as the F-150 takes a TPMS35. Those are Ford/Motorcraft numbers

Louky

Reaction score
I just made the same mistake. I bought some f150 take-off tires and wheels and had them put new sensors in them before they were shipped to me. After I put the new wheels on, I took them to two different places that told me the f150 sensors are not compatible with the Expy. I'm having universal sensors put in. Fortunately the company I bought them from said they would credit me if I returned the sensors to them.

I should have check the forum first. I would have still bought the tires, but would have saved myself and the dealer a lot of frustration.