TRADED 2003 FOR 2019 EXPEDITION HAVING TROUBLE FINDING CD PLAYER.... HELP??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JIMBEAMMACHINE

Reaction score
Finally saved enuff money for a new 2019 Expedition, afta tradin in My 2003 Expedetion ... I even waited months after I purchased it. because of the whole covid chip shortage CRAP. jJst to pull off the lot in euphoria and notice no CD PLAYER!?!? Why have they taken what is Old Skool and traditional and replaced it with CARPLAY?? I mean... I get it.. but... why not both??

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Finally saved enuff money for a new 2019 Expedition, afta tradin in My 2003 Expedetion ... I even waited months after I purchased it. because of the whole covid chip shortage CRAP. jJst to pull off the lot in euphoria and notice no CD PLAYER!?!? Why have they taken what is Old Skool and traditional and replaced it with CARPLAY?? I mean... I get it.. but... why not both??

I believe the CD player was present or optional in the 2018 models, but eliminated for the 2019 models.

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can digitize your cd collection yourself and put it on a SD card or memory stick and have much easier access to your music without all the cd's all over the truck.

Congratulations on your new truck.

OP
OP
J

JIMBEAMMACHINE

Reaction score
Time does March on, but does anyone appreciate the old skool? or is eveeryone going to keep acting like Atari/ NIntendo, Scratching Vinyl records, and fast forward burning CD'S is ancient or something? there has got to be a aftermarket radio with android auto , carplay, and a disc player... or external cd playa or something. the one on amazon look sketchy lol.

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can try to replace your interface with the Interface from the 2018s. The changes with the computer options can most likely be handled using forscan.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Time does March on, but does anyone appreciate the old skool? or is eveeryone going to keep acting like Atari/ NIntendo, Scratching Vinyl records, and fast forward burning CD'S is ancient or something? there has got to be a aftermarket radio with android auto , carplay, and a disc player... or external cd playa or something. the one on amazon look sketchy lol.
ancient as ****...everything u buy now doesnt support those things anymore...dont stay stuck in the times...evolve to stay current while reminiscing about the 80/90s...this is the future every since they created mp3...no vehicle will have a cd player due to a lot of ppl not buying cd's anymore...streaming is what tapes and cd's were...they stopped installing cigarette lighters and ashtrays too...:laughing1::laughing1::laughing1::laughing1::laughing1::laughing1:

BIGRED03

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct my 2018 Platinum had a hard to notice cd player. Not one to be found in my 2021 Platinum. Missing it already Ford.

purevw

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You can digitize your cd collection yourself and put it on a SD card or memory stick and have much easier access to your music without all the cd's all over the truck.

Congratulations on your new truck.
A problem I had was my vehicle refusing to play music "digitized" from ripping my CDs. My Expy apparently saw the files as illegal copies of copyrighted music. I tried several file formats. I replaced my head unit with Kenwood and the problem was gone. I would add that I could have just streamed with Bluetooth from my phone, but general music quality from a factory head unit and speakers in most vehicles is mediocre at best.

JVinOlathe

Reaction score
Maybe your truck does have the CD player but it is hidden as per this thread...
Also, you can just copy your CDs to a thumb drive and use the USB port to play them.