Traded the Navigator and couldn't be happier!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So my wife was just DONE with the famous 2018 Navigator Black Label L 4x4 Cam phaser eater. Its been good since the engine replacement, but it just rides like a fricken dump truck. It bucks all over the road on sharp bumps on the interstate because the rear springs are just stupid-stiff. It axle hops both tires off the road on the sharp bumps and NONE of the struts are leaking or malfunctioning. The Black Labels are just this stiff.

She traded it for a 2021 Jeep Grand Cherokee L with a Hemi in it. It has air shocks on it and it absolutely blows the Navigator away on ride comfort. Literally like 10X smoother and no more "bobble heading" from the ancient rear suspension design on these Fords.
The interior uses all quilted leather and it makes the interior on that Navigator look silly. I'm not saying either is any better, but I'm saying this is a pretty impressive offering from Jeep. I've NEVER owned a Jeep and never wanted a Jeep, but she had me test drive a pile of Mid sized SUV's before we bought anything because she Hated the rough ride and the bobble-head rear suspension so badly on that Navigator. I know this is a smaller vehicle, but we were just done dumping $100K into any vehicle, its just getting ridiculous.

These with Hemi's were literally impossible to find, so she found it in Oklahoma and had It shipped to us in Northern, WI. lol. The dealer we bought the Navigator from is buying it back for about what we paid for it a year or so ago, so we came out fine on that minus the fact that it was broke down 90% of the time.

Here's a couple pics from Yesterday when it arrived. BTW I have both front and rear sway bars for this thing new in the box ready to ship.... weather tech full mats in brown, auto start stop delete.....

Attachments

• Jeep.jpg
    Jeep.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 108
  • jeep1.jpg
    jeep1.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Jeep GC is really nice. They did a good job with the new for 21 L (three row). Did she look at a Grand Wagoneer? That would of been more comparable in size to the Navigator.

TX-EXPMAX

Reaction score
looks great! we briefly looked at these as an option for the wife's car before pulling the trigger on a 2021 Navigator. Hope our experience is better than yours as we've got family with a Navigator that has been really happy with it.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Jeep GC is really nice. They did a good job with the new for 21 L (three row). Did she look at a Grand Wagoneer? That would of been more comparable in size to the Navigator.

We looked at the Grand Wagneer at Roadkill nights. It will be a nice vehicle for sure, but it absolutely looked like a Grand Cherokee front end slapped on a Suburban. It was kinda gross in my opinion. Plus I'll always have an Expedition size vehicle, so there wasn't as much need to have 2 of them. Its just getting ridiculous that these vehicles are costing $100K. Its not that I can't pay for them, but cars are just a horrible investment. I'll invest my money elsewhere I guess.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
looks great! we briefly looked at these as an option for the wife's car before pulling the trigger on a 2021 Navigator. Hope our experience is better than yours as we've got family with a Navigator that has been really happy with it.
My 18 Expedition has been rock solid..... Crazy how different 2 very similar cars can be.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am a huge Jeep fan and really wanted to get the Grand Wag but they took so long releasing it I couldn't wait any longer and had to get the Expedition. I think the prices of these things are stupid, that is why I went with the base XLT with tow. I just couldn't fathom spending double for the "fancy" version. Our previous suv was the Jeep Commander and it was the Limited with all the bells and whistles and I thought we were going to have a hard time moving from the "lux" suv to the XLT but I discovered I was fully capable of turning my own windshield wipers on so all is well. ;)

I really like the Hemi but agree that the Ecoboost is fantastic and pulls our trailer better than the hemi and gets better gas mileage.

OP
OP
D

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I am a huge Jeep fan and really wanted to get the Grand Wag but they took so long releasing it I couldn't wait any longer and had to get the Expedition. I think the prices of these things are stupid, that is why I went with the base XLT with tow. I just couldn't fathom spending double for the "fancy" version. Our previous suv was the Jeep Commander and it was the Limited with all the bells and whistles and I thought we were going to have a hard time moving from the "lux" suv to the XLT but I discovered I was fully capable of turning my own windshield wipers on so all is well. ;)

I really like the Hemi but agree that the Ecoboost is fantastic and pulls our trailer better than the hemi and gets better gas mileage.

They took FOREVER releasing it, still not even sure if its officially out in the long version.....
I like the 392 in it, but again like you say, the price tag is just getting absolutely stupid.

I just bought a lot with a 32X40 pole shed on it with cement floor and a blacktop driveway, and I paid 1/5 of the price of a new wagoner and I can store all my crap In this, or rent space out for $500/month or more. Beyond stupid to sink all the coin in these electronic junkers. :).

The Ecoboost has more grunt for sure, but the Hemi is fun in this jeep. I can't even imagine it with their V6 making 290 wimpy HP and barely any torque, it would be a turd.

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Nice! Looked at them and wasn't to keen on the interior. Wife liked the King Ranch better. Good luck with it.