Trailer assist sticker on a trailer with a tubular tongue and frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd like to set up trailer assist on my new 2023 SPP. My concern is that my trailer has a tubular tongue with no flat surface on top. (see picture).

Is there any chance the ford sticker will work if placed directly on the tube? Or would I simply be wasting a sticker? For scale, the coupler is for a 2" tow ball.

(The trailer is a SylvanSport Go if curious)

Thanks in advice for replies.20230505_150527.jpg

Last edited:

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I almost was able to help you with this as I was playing with it this past weekend. Turns out my tubular framed Kendon motorcycle trailer is too short for the system to work with it. That's just silly because it's the little trailers we need the most help with because they are harder than long trailers.

OP
OP
A

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I almost was able to help you with this as I was playing with it this past weekend. Turns out my tubular framed Kendon motorcycle trailer is too short for the system to work with it. That's just silly because it's the little trailers we need the most help with because they are harder than long trailers.

Uh oh.
My little camper is pretty short too.
From hitch coupler to taillight my camper is 140" (11.6 feet).
How long is your Kendon?

You are right, short trailer are way harder!
And mine is also short so I can't really see it out the back window.

GixxerJasen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looking at my notes, the D measurement was 77" and I think the minimum was 85" so just barely. I tried using 85 but then it threw off the location where the sticker was supposed to be and couldn't find it so I gave up.

I can back this thing up, but give me a little jetski trailer and I'll just walk it to where it needs to go.

LVSArmory-M.jpg

OP
OP
A

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I fabricated a 2x5 plastic plate to mount the sticker flat and horizontal. Works like a charm.

a.jpg