Trailer Blind Spot - Yet again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jskane125

Reaction score
OK gang ..

2020 Ford Expedition with max towing. I bought a new trailer, setup it up, and blind spot feature worked great last year. Took it out this spring, and now I get the dreaded no trailer notification, and no blindspot. It worked fine, then it did not.

Seems I can't fix without deleting my trailer, and setting it all up again, which is a pain, because you have to redo everything, include the back up assist (which I di use now and then). I've looked at all settings in the trailer view and other view .. can't change anything. I have not idea why it stopped working

Anyone have the same problem? I posted before, and the result was deleting the trailer and configured blind spot then. I've gone in an edited blind spot several times, but "no stored trailer." It really did work all of last year, then stopped. Drives me crazy.

Other than that, the Expy pulls my 5700lb trailer like it's not there, though gas drops to 8-10 or 11 MPG. On these hills in Pennsylvania, I get clobbered. Flat out highway, not bad. Overall very pleased with it all .. except this blind spot issue.

chops

Reaction score
I know there are several other threads with this same issue - I've tried their recommendations without success. Exact same issue as you - everything worked great last year, took the camper out of hibernation and now suddenly no blindspot.

Did you ever get it figured out?

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 and mine also disables blindspot when the trailer is connected, I haven't read the manual and just assumed that was normal operations but in the back of my mind I thought I had heard it was supposed to work. Maybe I will look into it...