Trailer wiring fault light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shell waster

Reaction score
Have a 2017 with trailer package. Towing a 2018 suretrac 16 utility tandem. For no rhyme or reason the trailer wiring fault light comes on but everything seems to be working. Also brake gain will flick on and off, sometimes will say no trailer at bottom of gain light. Lights work perfectly and never go out so I doubt it's a ground issue?? I suspect something is amiss with the trailer plug, cleaned it no real change. Suspect it has something to do with the break connection? Since I never tow over 1500 lbs kinda regretting the tandem with breaks. Thought about pulling brake controller module on last trip cause the wiring fault ding is annoying..thoughts or suggestions

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If this is an intermittent issue while driving then I would highly suspect a ground connection. I would follow the ground wire on the trailer and see where it is attached. Remove it and clean everything and reattach it. I see trailers all the time that while bouncing down the road the lights blink on and off due to bad grounds. Checking and redoing the ground wire/connection is the first thing I would do. Quick and easy.