Transmission coolant line leaking at crimp by radiator

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SledAlaska

Reaction score
Ok guys, need some help. So first off I live in Alaska and it gets -40f here. I saw the other day that there was tranny fluid dripping and found that it is dripping from the lines the go to the radiator. My question is how do I fix this? Are these lines a high pressure lines and does it need to be crimped again with a special tool or can I just get another hose and use hose clamps? Also would I need to drain the transmission to replace these lines/fix the leak. Where do I start?
CDCCE2A8-50EF-4494-BF01-A2B79D220B74.jpeg4F0FA297-6C0B-4FD0-85C3-B044ECAC8953.jpeg46A12FA7-AD92-44B6-A080-D487D5528F08.jpeg

Last edited:

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
You're lucky you got the Quick Connects off. See if you can find a place that makes hydraulic hoses. They can hook you right up. That would be the easiest way. Otherwise see if anyone else here has advice on fixing it yourself. You shouldn't have to drain the transmission. Just keep a pan under it and replace any loss of fluid.

Or you can by an entirely new line. They are available from Ford and perhaps Dorman aftermarket, though it takes a bit of work installing. If I were doing it in the cold, I might buy the Dorman line from Rock Auto ($22), and cut and splice the rubber hose end on the existing steel line with a compression or flared coupling...

Last edited:

terrence davidson

Reaction score
I just had the trans lines blow on my 2015 expedition el (max). only threw a wrench light once. codes po0741,0064 p174006c. When the wrench light threw I though it was another throttle postion error which normal returns to normal after a restart. this was not the case. the rpm where alarming wild swings. pulled over and stop on the side of the road. speed at trigger 60mph. forscan came up with the 2 codes that i listed from the pcm did not check other modules related to the transmission. the dealership said only the lines need replaced but after further research I am placing my chips all in for a new torq converter and transmission plus lines and the cooler itself.

mr_dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FordTechMakuloco has mentioned this issue a few times recently.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360