Transmission is toast?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

paulwhit80

Reaction score
I got a second opinion from the Ford dealer. The transmission does need replacement. $7400 for them to do it, so it's back at the transmission shop - $3500 part with two year warranty plus $1200 to install. It's supposed to be delivered this week (4th week) . Fingers crossed.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WTF? 105k miles. My goodness, I'm glad I have the extended warranty till 125k. But at this rate, I kind a hope there's something reliable and competitive by the time I get close, I've had a dozen cars in my life, many I have destroyed off road, but I've never had to replace a tranny, not even a transfer case. I wonder if there are plastic phasers in the tranny too?

So sorry, wish you could just dump it.

BMW2FORD

Full Access Members
Reaction score
WTF? 105k miles. My goodness, I'm glad I have the extended warranty till 125k. But at this rate, I kind a hope there's something reliable and competitive by the time I get close, I've had a dozen cars in my life, many I have destroyed off road, but I've never had to replace a tranny, not even a transfer case. I wonder if there are plastic phasers in the tranny too?

So sorry, wish you could just dump it.
The trans in my 2018 failed at 70k. Every week at least 3 or 4 people mention their 10 speed trans failed around that mileage in this forum alone. Seems to be a strong trans for towing and the Mustang guys love them but not very durable long term. It’s very hit and miss. I never towed more than 2000 lbs or beat on the truck and changed the fluid at 65k which was super clean. The C D F drum bushing failed on mine. Valve bodies are the biggest problem causing erratic shifts as well. I wish Ford had an updated C D F drum and just seems the luck of the draw you get one pressed in well. It’s a steel sleeve in an aluminum drum not c clipped in place so that’s crazy as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cfarnAK