Transmission issue... Puking fluid in driveway

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Noticed my trans wasn't as silky smooth as it used to be and I didn't think much of it until I parked in driveway to change oil in my other vehicle and noticed a puddle of fluid on ground.

I have seen some posts here about issues but what are the results of your repairs? Was it an easy part replacement or has it been your experience that the whole trans is toast? And once repaired or replaced how did it drive afterwards? Are there upgraded components going into this that they have found the originals to be faulty?

Any input is appreciated.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have seen several posts on here for the same thing as well. Trouble really seems to be that anything to do with the tranny can take you down for months with part backorders, etc. I sure hope that's not the case for you.

Howaldryan

Reaction score
I’m not at fluid puking but I had the full TSB done. First was just the re-learn cycle. That didn’t work so they replaced the valve body. That appears to not be working either so back to the dealer I go. Only 1500 miles and 2 months left on my warranty. Fortunately my dealer has been super easy to work with. Quick appointments, good communication, rental car ready to go.

LazSlate

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m not at fluid puking but I had the full TSB done. First was just the re-learn cycle. That didn’t work so they replaced the valve body. That appears to not be working either so back to the dealer I go. Only 1500 miles and 2 months left on my warranty. Fortunately my dealer has been super easy to work with. Quick appointments, good communication, rental car ready to go.
Curious to what dealer you went to in AZ. I am in AZ and would like the find a good dealer for the future.

Howaldryan

Reaction score
Curious to what dealer you went to in AZ. I am in AZ and would like the find a good dealer for the future.
Larry H Miller in Mesa. The reviews aren’t the best but I have had a good experience. Obviously, I’d prefer to not have to keep going back but I do feel like they are attempting to fix the issue.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you had any transmission work done lately? A couple of us on the forum have had spewing fluid. It was caused by the dealer overfilling the transmission when doing work on it, and it vented as the pressure built up under load. Mine happened a couple of months after the transmission repair when I was towing a trailer. It went back to the dealer and they said it was just venting the excess fluid.

OP
OP
TheDoug

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you had any transmission work done lately? A couple of us on the forum have had spewing fluid. It was caused by the dealer overfilling the transmission when doing work on it, and it vented as the pressure built up under load. Mine happened a couple of months after the transmission repair when I was towing a trailer. It went back to the dealer and they said it was just venting the excess fluid.

The only thing the dealer has done on my car is cam phasers (twice)

It hasn't done it again so I am waiting and seeing what happens.

expeditiondriver

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of transmission posts on this forum. I don't think there are any upgrades you can make to the transmission, bu there are a lot of issues that people seem to chase regarding software, valves, fluid and other things. Some seem to get quick fixes and others fall into endless chasing with no resolution.