Transmission Missed Shift/Slip

WhiteFalcon

Reaction score
I have a 2005 Eddie Bauer and just had the transmission rebuilt. Everything has been working fine for about 2,500 miles but I have experienced two instances where the transmission feels like it missed third or fourth gear. The transmission will slip and then eventually find its gear. I was wondering if this could be related to the gear selector module or its wiring harness. Has anyone ever had an issue with either of these causing intermittent mis-shifts? I no check engine light or codes thrown.

FlyBry

Reaction score
Is it actually a Slip = it is in gear, engine increases revs with little forward drive/thrust. Take back to Trans Rebuilder, valve body or gear solenoid not functioning correctly.
Or, is it a false Neutral, allowing the engine to increase Revs, but No forward drive/thrust? = Trans Software. My 2010 EL did this once a year for 11 years. Ford would re-flesh the trans, and it would go away for another year.

WhiteFalcon

Reaction score
I would say that it is more of a slip. I do have some forward thrust when it happens. The solenoids were replaced during the rebuild. I guess it’s possible that I got a bad one out of the box.