Trouble with the sat radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Salpert

Reaction score
I am having trouble with my factory installed sat radio. It was working fine until the snow storm last week. Now the signal comes through but it can barely be heard under the static and only if you turn the volume all the way up. Is it possible it was damaged when I cleaned the snow off the truck?

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you checked the actual antenna on the passenger side roof? If that looks ok I would check the connector inside the vehicle next.

Removal and Installation

1. Remove the RH A-pillar trim panel. For additional information, refer to Section 501-05 .
  1. Remove the RH sun visor. For additional information, refer to Section 501-05 , Headliner — Exploded View.
  1. Lower the front of the headliner enough to gain access to the satellite radio antenna electrical connector.
  1. Disconnect the satellite radio antenna electrical connector.
  1. Remove the satellite radio antenna.
    • Disconnect the satellite radio antenna cable-to-Satellite Digital Audio Receiver System (SDARS) module electrical connector.
  1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

If that fails to produce any more info, you can move on to the connection in the center stack, but I think it's more likely to be a problem at the roof connection. Perhaps something got wet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
geovanni