Trying the Anderson WD Hitch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ssmock

Reaction score
I have the Anderson weight distribution hitch, use it on my 2014 Expedition towing a all aluminum car hauler (2,800 lbs.) and the vehicle (3,200 lbs.) add gear and fuel etc maybe another 600 to 800 lbs and I'm all in at around 6,600 lbs. System works, no sway except when passing a semi on the highway or one passes me. Easily adjustable and only hear a creaking noise when in a tight corner or going over a grade like pulling out of a gas station. Still playing with the hitch and getting the car to sit on the sweet spot. I've put around 3K miles total using the Anderson Hitch and like it.

zoey2015

Reaction score
I have the Anderson weight distribution hitch, use it on my 2014 Expedition towing a all aluminum car hauler (2,800 lbs.) and the vehicle (3,200 lbs.) add gear and fuel etc maybe another 600 to 800 lbs and I'm all in at around 6,600 lbs. System works, no sway except when passing a semi on the highway or one passes me. Easily adjustable and only hear a creaking noise when in a tight corner or going over a grade like pulling out of a gas station. Still playing with the hitch and getting the car to sit on the sweet spot. I've put around 3K miles total using the Anderson Hitch and like it.
I'm assuming the trailer frame where you bolt the frame brackets onto is aluminum, correct? The installation states that 75-90 ft-lbs of torgue for the bolts. Have the clamped brackets had any negative impact on the frame? After 3K miles of using it have they caused any issues to the frame? Thanks!

ssmock

Reaction score
Yes all Aluminum frame and no, the brackets have not crushed any part of the frame. The set screws in each bracket seem to work properly. Take the measurements and angle the brackets properly and all is good.

ssmock

Reaction score
Forgot to mention my frame is a boxed in frame not a C-Channel frame. You can also drill holes and bolt the brackets to the frame, I decided not to do that.