TSB 23-2120 - Certain 2018-2021 Expedition & Navigator, Built On Or Before April 29, 2021, + Other Models - Momentary Neutral-Out Condition In Drive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HazBeen

Full Access Members
Reaction score
***This is a partial description of TSB 23-2120. Please see the attached the PDF document for full information***

TSB 23-2120 - Momentary Neutral-Out Condition In Drive

This article supersedes TSB 22-2145 to increase the labor operation allowance for labor operations Q and R.

Issue: Some 2018-2021 Expedition/Navigator and 2020-2021 Explorer/Aviator vehicles equipped with a 10R80/10R80 MHT or 10R60 may exhibit a momentary transmission neutral-out condition while in drive. Vehicle may also have diagnostic trouble code (DTC) P07E6 and/or P07E4 stored in the powertrain control module (PCM) or transmission control module (TCM) and/or a possible audible noise. This may be due to a leak in the park valve circuit. To correct the condition, follow the Service Procedure to inspect the park system hardware for wear or damage and replace the valve body separator plate with an improved valve body separator plate.

Warranty Policy and Extended Service Plan documentation determine Warranty and/or Extended Service Plan coverage.

Attachments

• TSB 23-2120 - Momentary Neutral-Out Condition In Drive - Some 10R60 and 10R80 Transmissions.pdf
    552.7 KB · Views: 67

matthford

Reaction score
I'm taking my 2018 Expedition back into the dealer next week for this issue. The truck's been slipping into neutral on a recurring basis, up to and including at highway speeds. I've has a few "oh crap" moments trying to pass on two lane highways. There is a very loud thunk, the speed stalls completely, the engine redlines (before you get your foot off the gas), and you work like heck to get back behind the truck you were passing. Once you slow down enough, you get another loud thunk and it kicks back into gear. My dealer's response has been "huh, don't know why this is happening, how about we change the transmission fluid" - which, of course, did nothing. Hopefully this TSB will trigger a better result. I'll report back.

MetallicaGray

Reaction score
I have same issue but it doesn’t just end with gear slipping out and engine revving. My max violently shudders like i just kicked it into reverse on the highway. Very audible clanking like I ran over a steel chain. Is this the same issue?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360