TSB's lookup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DNRDNI

Reaction score
IF any work has to be done because of a tsb that was never performed, FORD will not and SHOULD not charge you. So dont let them tell you otherwise.

Not true. TSBs are technical service bulletins, similar to Ford's SSMs (special service messages). They are not a FSA (field service action - recall). Recalls are safety related and done at no charge when applicable regardless of warranty status. TSBs and SSMs are covered under warranty only when the vehicle itself is within the warranty's date and mileage range.

If a dealer decides to extend any after warranty assistance, it is done through Ford's Customer Loyalty Program (CLP). Dealers are given a quarterly CLP budget to spend as they wish. For most dealers, this amounts to very little per quarter. Customer's are usually expected to participate in some percentage of the expense. Before most dealers extend their customer's any assistance, they usually ask themselves 1. Did they buy the vehicle here? 2. Do they have an ESP extended service contract? 3. Do they maintain the vehicle here? If no to all those questions, you're generally out of luck. Or they may have blown their quarterly budget on the customer before you. Ask what their CLP budget is currently at and if they would be willing to help you out.

KB

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this thread since I'm interested in what TSB's are available for the Expedition. Specifically, my 2011. And, I have a '13 Escape, so I'd like to keep up with that as well. I found the 2011 from the links listed earlier:

2011 FORD EXPEDITION TSB's (technical service bulletins)

However, it does not seem like a complete list. Through google, I found the following site that requires payment to get the details:

https://www.eautorepair.net/app/TSB...=1055&SM=0&MKN=Ford&MDN=Expedition&PS=2&MA=15

Comparing the lists from both sites, the second seems to have a lot more. The first site details seemed to be lacking as well since most of the links seemed to provide the same bleak info.

I'm curious to know if there is some other way to access the full list of TSBs and their full problem descriptions. Case in point - I had a water leak down the inside of my rear lift gate window. Come to find out, there was TSB 12-8-5 that covered it. Had I known it was there, I would have acted earlier. it wasn't a bad leak and seemed to only occur with heavy rain.

Benefits to Ford making them public:
- Customer satisfaction. I could look at the list of TSBs and see if there was anything currently listed that I was experiencing. Depending on severity, could have it taken care of next scheduled service
- Get the issues solved in warranty instead of out of warranty. We all understand there can be manufacturing issues for any vehicle. If we get the bugs worked out prior to the warranty expiring, we'll be happier.
- If owners experience issues post warranty they have to pay to correct and they find out there was a TSB for the issue they are more likely to be dissatisfied with the brand. If this was me - I would be upset and would probably also be unhappy with the dealer I took my vehicle to for regular service.
- If a TSB is minor and easily resolved by the customer, they could resolve the issue if they so desired and thus save Ford money and dealerships time.

Thanks!
Tom

Lightnig

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There used to be a site that (sorry, lost the link ages ago) that you could plug in your VIN and the site would look up what TSB's/Recalls that had been performed on that vehicle and which (if any) needed to be done.

Does anyone here know what that site is/was???

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I google searched and found the following Ford page. It apparently only advises on open recalls. Nothing about TSBs.

Personalized Vehicle Owner Information

"Note: Be advised that this system tracks safety and emission recalls for which vehicles are subject to repair in the United States."

Is that what you were thinking about?

grantpa

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was under my '00 Expo and there is a sticker on my 4R70W trans saying that there IS a TSB on it. After the dad-blasted rain stops, I'll get under there and see specifically the # and post it.