Turbo Coolant lines OE or aftermarket?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adamsdaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I bought dye from Amazon along with a black light. This led me to the all too common turbo coolant line fitting leak on the driver's side turbo.

Gates sells steel replacement tubes that they claim were engineered to address problems with OE. While I can't envision holding onto the Expedition for another 80,000 miles (figuring that's when the coolant lines from the Motorcraft o ring will crap out again), I wanted to see if any of you decided to go with aftermarket coolant tubes instead of Motorcraft? I know that using aftermarket parts for the AC switch/plug was prone to problems however in this case, the Ford/Motorcraft parts crap out. The labor on having both the driver's side and passenger turbo coolant lines will be horrendous so I don't want to have to do it again if it can be avoided.

In the meantime I'll just keep adding 1/3-1/2 a gallon of antifreeze once per week.