Unable to open rear passenger door from the inside - 2002 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dudeth

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems like the child lock switch is jammed and the door has to be opened from the outside. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!!

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It seems like the child lock switch is jammed and the door has to be opened from the outside. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks!!

We had one that kept flipping the child lock as you tried to get out and would stick you in there. I would pull panel off. They are quick and easy to lift up and off. Just 4-5 screws.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I too would just yank it, unless you still have little ones you have to worry about. If so, then diagnose and replace it.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

James McCracken

Reaction score

Pull the panel off and check to be sure the cable is held inside the rentention area it clips into. If it popped out you will not be able to open the door from the inside. If it opens sometimes then this most likely isn’t your issue.