Uncomfortable lump in driver's seat - new 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nohc

Reaction score
Hey,

Purchased a 2020 MAX Limited in December and I am trying to figure out this lump feeling in the driver's seat. The best I can tell, we are feeling the seat cooler. I was hoping it was just something that would break in over time but still feel it every drive. Can't feel it on the passenger seat.

Any thoughts? I think I will take it up to the dealer and see if they can determine if anything is off.

I could just buy a butt cushion but that seems kind of ridiculous given the cost of these things.

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
The seat coolers have ducts in them. The cushion is foam and the duct is a soft plastic insert that is placed in an indentation in the top of the foam. The leather cover goes on top and is held down with hog rings on two wires molded into the foam. Perhaps the duct popped up or wasn't aligned properly when the seat cover was installed. Or the foam is misshaped keeping the duct from seating properly.

If it wasn't under warranty, I'd remove the cover and see what's going on. Easy enough job; about two hour's work.

tommyddsr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Since it is a 2020 take it in under warranty. Something is misaligned and sitting on it will probably only make it worse or break it.

OP
OP
N

nohc

Reaction score
Thanks for getting back to me! I will take it into the dealer and see what they can do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oaisdghfopuasdbnv