Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No issues with it on my win10 fully up to date machines. Usually you'll see issues with windows defender or AV. Have you tried running the executable as admin? Defender or an av product may have a firewall blocking things but usually they are stateful so the outbound request would be allowed back in.

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No issues with it on my win10 fully up to date machines. Usually you'll see issues with windows defender or AV. Have you tried running the executable as admin? Defender or an av product may have a firewall blocking things but usually they are stateful so the outbound request would be allowed back in.

They released a new installer file today that ended up working. I had to tell windows and the AV to ignore it a couple of times.

Last edited:

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They released a new installer file today that ended up working. I had to tell windows and the AV to ihnore it a couple of times.

I had to disable AV entirely and right clicked and “Run as Administrator”. Until I did both I had issues with it running. Kept getting flagged.

I see they’ve been working to resolve that in the comments on the site. I was about to go spin up a Win 7 VM to get around the nanny features of Win 10.

Reaction score
Mine got flagged too but It went smoothly after I told windows it was not malware. Not sure what W10 build im on but it think its the latest.

Have you all done the calm screen and radio icons? Thinking if I want to do that or not. I have forscan and the module, just not sure I want to mess with it on my 18 Expedition.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mine got flagged too but It went smoothly after I told windows it was not malware. Not sure what W10 build im on but it think its the latest.

Have you all done the calm screen and radio icons? Thinking if I want to do that or not. I have forscan and the module, just not sure I want to mess with it on my 18 Expedition.

I do not recommend doing the firmware flash. It is not for the lighthearted. You miss a step, or it has issues...and you will brick it. They have made it a bit easier...but still honestly not worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, The exe was not certified via Microsoft. That should be resolved in the newest version.

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, The exe was not certified via Microsoft. That should be resolved in the newest version.

I downloaded yesterday just after noon Eastern, so unless they have a even more recent install this still happens unfortunately.

Reaction score
Yeah think that's what mine said. Not a verified software so it flagged it but I was able to proceed and install as normal.

As for the firmware, I did read more into it and I am chickening out of it. I don't think the risk is worth the radio icons (which i don't listen too) or the calm screen, which i don't see the use for.

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone have theirs randomly downgrade?

I thought mine looked different this morning and looked at the ABOUT page. I did not touch anything and it seemed to be fine yesterday. Then again, most days it goes almost straight to CarPlay and I don’t see the normal Ford SYNC screen.

Mine is now at SYNC 3.3, Build 19052.

WTF!a7c9ecef3152b4d728a5354b995c88eb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone have theirs randomly downgrade?

I thought mine looked different this morning and looked at the ABOUT page. I did not touch anything and it seemed to be fine yesterday. Then again, most days it goes almost straight to CarPlay and I don’t see the normal Ford SYNC screen.

Mine is now at SYNC 3.3, Build 19052.

WTF!a7c9ecef3152b4d728a5354b995c88eb.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Was over the Air updates turned on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360