Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurDre

Reaction score
A lot of pages and my head is spinning! Have a 2019 F150 and 2018 Expedition and the F150 has 3.4 in it - we love the look/feel. We would like to put it in the Expedition which is equipped with NAV. The Expedition currently has Sync 3.0 build 17276. My reading of a good chunk of this thread seems to indicate our Expedition will never update to 3.4 on its own (as it's not officially supported?) so I'm looking for some input/guidance on how to proceed. Just want to make sure I'm not missing any gotcha moments such as having to do the update in multiple version steps. TIA!

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A lot of pages and my head is spinning! Have a 2019 F150 and 2018 Expedition and the F150 has 3.4 in it - we love the look/feel. We would like to put it in the Expedition which is equipped with NAV. The Expedition currently has Sync 3.0 build 17276. My reading of a good chunk of this thread seems to indicate our Expedition will never update to 3.4 on its own (as it's not officially supported?) so I'm looking for some input/guidance on how to proceed. Just want to make sure I'm not missing any gotcha moments such as having to do the update in multiple version steps. TIA!

SurDre

Reaction score
Last edited:

SurDre

Reaction score
On a related note - has anyone recently tried to create an update USB for 3.4.22110? Mine continually errors out validating file 4U5T-14G423-CC_1615429225000.TAR.GZ (Gracenotes).

EDIT: Seems I'm failing validation on no matter what USB drive or version I'm checking. Guessing it's most likely one of my AV/Malware scanners. /sigh
EDIT 2: And malware software it was...

Last edited:

SurDre

Reaction score
Did you get updated?

My upgrade software when I last checked on 9 Jun 22 is 3.4 Build 21194. Only took a single 32G USB stick. Map updates still haven't discovered the several roundabouts my Garmins knew about last year.

View attachment 74441

-- Chuck
Got everything setup on the USB, hoping to give it a go within the next couple of days.