Update all versions of Ford Sync 3 to the latest Sync 3.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overtow

Reaction score
2. Waze via what? Applink? CarPlay? Android Auto? Aftermarket Wifi Adapter?

Waze via Android Auto. Its worked fine for me for years, but I just recently upgraded to a new Pixel 6a and I started having the problems shortly thereafter, maybe immediately on the switch. I was hoping that the 3.4.22110 upgrade would solve the issue but sadly that is not the case. This is likely a Google issue:

Jharpe

Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the ambient lighting after updating? I just updated from 3.0.17276 to 3.4.22110 and now my ambient lights are not working. The function is still there in the menu. I did the master reset as suggested by Cyanlabs at the end of the update. I have an ‘18 max platinum.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Has anyone had issues with the ambient lighting after updating? I just updated from 3.0.17276 to 3.4.22110 and now my ambient lights are not working. The function is still there in the menu. I did the master reset as suggested by Cyanlabs at the end of the update. I have an ‘18 max platinum.
Master reset is hardly ever needed. Most of the time a simple reboot of Sync, using the method I described above.

For an 18, hold the Radio Power button and Next Track, until screen goes black. Do that 2 times in a row, then try the menu again.

Overtow

Reaction score

Ambient lighting works fine for me on 22110.

Jharpe

Reaction score
Master reset is hardly ever needed. Most of the time a simple reboot of Sync, using the method I described above.

For an 18, hold the Radio Power button and Next Track, until screen goes black. Do that 2 times in a row, then try the menu again.
That reset worked. Thanks LokiWolf! Saved me from the doghouse with the Mrs!! Lol

MxRacer965

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone keeping eyes peeled for a Sync 4 update? I would imagine should this even be possible it would require some new hardware. I think infotainment.com has a F150 kit to go from Sync 3 to 4 but I haven’t reached out about Expy. I’d pony up for new version if I had to buy some new hardware. I plan to keep the Expy for 6-7 more years or so. It’d be worth it to me.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone keeping eyes peeled for a Sync 4 update? I would imagine should this even be possible it would require some new hardware. I think infotainment.com has a F150 kit to go from Sync 3 to 4 but I haven’t reached out about Expy. I’d pony up for new version if I had to buy some new hardware. I plan to keep the Expy for 6-7 more years or so. It’d be worth it to me.
Haven’t looked at the 150 kit, but would probably work. Yes, will need new hardware.