Updating the looks of a 2018 Platinum

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally a 39-mo lease, we've decided to buy her out last February. New car prices being what they are, plus yearlong waitlists. The lease buyout price was a relative bargain.

Since we'll be keeping her for a few more years, I've decided to upgrade the stock wheels. These are Navigator wheels. Fresh take-offs, purchased on eBay. I've also had the C-pillars wrapped in gloss black for a streamlined window line. Tinted all windows with ceramic tint for more privacy and heat reflection.

Still prefer the 2018 model year over the new refreshed look. Personal taste.

Here's a pic. Just thought I'd share.

Screen Shot 2022-07-04 at 6.11.02 PM.jpg

RABAYL01

Reaction score
Looks nice! How long does it take to clean those wheels? haha

Same here. I have a 19MY Limited and I like the cohesive look of my Expy. Although I do wish I had Timberline capabilities.

OP
OP
N

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wheels are actually easier to clean than stock Platinum wheels were. The inside of the spokes is painted black on these, so I just wash the wheels with the same brush I use on the car during a car wash. Glad you like the look.

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Looks like a Navigator! I drive a 2018 Limited which we purchased new. With 71k miles repairs and maintenance include rear brakes, Cam Phasers, replace water pump, replace thermostat, 2nd set of tires plus numerous oil changes, air filters, cabin air filters, can’t remember, think had transfer case oil replaced.
Have one rear entertainment system screen fail, which will get replaced at next service visit under my Ford extended warranty.
My truck looks like new and has been wonderful for hauling kids around town, pulling our 21’ ski boat and gear, driving long road trips.
I hope to put another 70k miles on this thing before replacing, depends on ongoing reliability.