Upfitter Switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully installed the ford factory upfitter switches in their 3rd gen expy or how have you do aftermarket switches and where did you put them? Im looking to install concealed switches/ switches that aren’t easily seen and/or look factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1oldtimer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
At one time I had thought about putting them where the cig. lighter is. I was going to cut a piece of black plastic for the switches to replace the trim piece that the lighter is mounted to. Never did it though and put that project on the back burner.

OP
OP
Anthony DeVor

Anthony DeVor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ill looking at the angled piece of trim under my climate controls, use rocker switches so is flush and a foot pedal

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
We've used the blank position on the Information Board (next to the 4-way flasher) to convert it to a momentary switch for an air horn. Replaced the button contacts with a triple one from a Limited and switched the button so the blank one would work. Then added a pin to the connector, etc.

That's how the railroad wired their air horns.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've used the blank position on the Information Board (next to the 4-way flasher) to convert it to a momentary switch for an air horn. Replaced the button contacts with a triple one from a Limited and switched the button so the blank one would work. Then added a pin to the connector, etc.

That's how the railroad wired their air horns.

That’s the lift-gate button on my Eddie Bauer
B7F073EF-3B74-45AC-A038-6E79D3FC3317.png

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Yep, on the XLTs it's unused and has a blank button. Us common folk have to lift our own tailgates. We use the assembly from yours and replace the liftgate button with our blank one.

doodlebugs-93

Reaction score
here is my version of up fitter switches, I'm very pleased with the results, and how they look I ordered them off eBay, I put the black zip ties there just in case I ever need to either change a switch, or put in a different style switch panel. there was a blank space above the rear hvac controls, I trimmed it out with my dremel rotatory kit and ran the wires up under the driver's side lower panel and put butt connectors on the wires so that I can use any of the left over switches and they're in easy reach as well. my switch panel after I trimmed the bottom above the rear HVAC controls.jpg

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I put a mini toggle switch in the lower plastic panel which would be just to the side of the driver's right knee for the emergency lighting on the vehicle. Can't see it but know it's there and very easy to control.

1970Maverick

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully installed the ford factory upfitter switches in their 3rd gen expy or how have you do aftermarket switches and where did you put them? Im looking to install concealed switches/ switches that aren’t easily seen and/or look factory

What are you trying to control and how many switches do you need? Do they all need to be within reach of the driver so they can be switched while driving?