Upgrading B&O sub

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Has anyone messed with their B&O system?
I’m wanting better sounding bass thru the whole truck but want to retain the factory unit. Was thinking of just replacing the sub, maybe push it a little more if possible and remove some of the lower frequencies from the door speakers but I don’t really know if that’s possible without upgrading the amps and rewiring the truck... which I don’t really wanna get into.
Anyone have experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zebrex

Reaction score
I have also considered this. The option that I am leaning to more is since I have the captain chairs in the second row is having a console with padded armrest and a down firing 12 inch sub in the bottom. I believe the console will be useful, look good and give me the bass that I am after. I was quoted $1200 to have it done.

OP
OP
Yoop33

Yoop33

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have also considered this. The option that I am leaning to more is since I have the captain chairs in the second row is having a console with padded armrest and a down firing 12 inch sub in the bottom. I believe the console will be useful, look good and give me the bass that I am after. I was quoted $1200 to have it done.

JL used to make a stealth box for the center counsel in expeditions which would be perfect but think it was a 10” and for older models. I had one and it sounded amazing and super clean.
I like the idea of putting it between the captains chairs but I dunno if I wanna give up that space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joe angrisani

Reaction score
FWIW I just added an amp and subs to my 20 b&o, and it was painless
I’ll let you know how well it works as far as if the dsp “interferes “ too much or not but initially it works as expected......

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had asked JL about it close to a year ago and they said it was on the list to possibly get to (a replacement of the factory enclosure in the trunk side panel) but I'm guessing covid delayed it. I love the stealth enclosures, pretty pricey but the quality is 2nd to none. I don't have the time or tools to do any fiberglass builds anymore...