Upper Control Arm Bushings / HD Control Arm?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

texasscot

Reaction score
So can anyone confirm if I got everything i need ?

Ensure you are preloading the suspension before tightening the two bolts on the upper control arms. Do this by putting a jack under the rotor and raising the truck until it is just about lifting off the jackstands. If you do not do this the rubber bushes will be twisted under normal running and will tear up fast. Same is true of large bottom bolt for the shock that you're best to remove to be able to remove the forward upper control arm bolt.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What do you mean?

I just want it to ride like stock and as comfy as possibly.

2nd Gen Expy has **** tons of ground clearance. I think with the KO2's I'm already a damn near 12 inches off the ground.

the 04 (first year of the 2nd Gen) has 8,9" ground clearance. I would not call that a "ton of ground clearance". what size KO2's are you running? without lift, a 34" inch tire is about all that fits before you have to start trimming the wheel well, etc. a 34" tire only gets you to almost ten inches. For 12" of ground clearance, you're talking about 38" tires, if I'm doing the math right... are you running 38" tires? how much lift did that require?
I would call 12" "a ton of ground clearance"!

Dmpsix

Reaction score
lol so does anyone know if I’m good on everything or are some parts not compatible ?
Or am I good to go if I buy all that

texasscot

Reaction score
lol so does anyone know if I’m good on everything or are some parts not compatible ?
Or am I good to go if I buy all that

Apart from the fact it looks like you have 2 different front right upper control arms and no left one i think...

Dmpsix

Reaction score
Apart from the fact it looks like you have 2 different front right upper control arms and no left one i think...
Good catch, I'll update that and get that fixed up.

I knew something was off, as you can tell I have no idea what I'm doing with this SUV. Thank you though.