Upper control arm tightening height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

creddy

Reaction score
2014 EL XL

Digging into my front suspension tomorrow. The upper control arm on the passenger side is completely missing one of the bushings and the shock on the driverside is blown. I'm replacing with KYB SR4456ks, Mevotech control arms, and doing the brakes as long as I've got everything off.

I know I need to take a premeasurement at the center hub to get the ride height so the upper control arm is at the correct angle, but the KYB's claim they'll lift by 2 inches. Do I need to accommodate for that when tightening the control arm?

sjwelds

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't you usually just tighten things with vehicle on the ground?

Let us know how you like the kyb's. Been eyeballing them.

OP
OP
C

creddy

Reaction score
The bolt head is on the inside of the strut mount. I can't see a way to torque it once it's back down. Moot point atm. There are three different-sized lug nuts on the bloody thing and one of them is stripped. So getting those tomorrow and an extractor to deal with the stripped one. 4th largest city in the US and I can't get a 22mm bolt extractor on a Sunday.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The bolt head is on the inside of the strut mount. I can't see a way to torque it once it's back down. Moot point atm. There are three different-sized lug nuts on the bloody thing and one of them is stripped. So getting those tomorrow and an extractor to deal with the stripped one. 4th largest city in the US and I can't get a 22mm bolt extractor on a Sunday.
:whymewhyme::Violin:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savbraze