User manual questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I promise I have read the manual and will quote it where possible

I have some questions about climate control the manual doesn't seem to answer

The front windshield heater elements for the wipers, how do you turn them on? Is it with the rear heater element or is it automatic? the user manual says "Windshield Wiper De-icer -- The windshield wiper de-icer turns on in low temperatures. "

Setting the mid cabin roof vents to blow warm air by using the front controls? Using the rear controls you can set the vent to blow from the roof vents, but I can't figure out how to do this from the front controls, I can set auto, fan speed, warm/cold but not which vents it uses. In sub artic weather having the roof vents blowing at the middle and rear windows helps prevent ice buildup on the inside (Welcome to Canada folks, I never knew this could happen in a car with the interior warm, but it does and it's a bugger to defrost, weird to watch your kids using an ice scraper on the inside of the car :) )

Auto start, sometimes if it is cold enough auto starting the car engages the heated steering wheel and heated seats is this user selectable somewhere? If it's -30C I don't mind this but at +4C the heated seats and wheel are a bit much :)

Apologies if these are obvious

John

benyl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’ve been running the heated steering wheel at +6. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I promise I have read the manual and will quote it where possible

I have some questions about climate control the manual doesn't seem to answer

The front windshield heater elements for the wipers, how do you turn them on? Is it with the rear heater element or is it automatic? the user manual says "Windshield Wiper De-icer -- The windshield wiper de-icer turns on in low temperatures. "

Setting the mid cabin roof vents to blow warm air by using the front controls? Using the rear controls you can set the vent to blow from the roof vents, but I can't figure out how to do this from the front controls, I can set auto, fan speed, warm/cold but not which vents it uses. In sub artic weather having the roof vents blowing at the middle and rear windows helps prevent ice buildup on the inside (Welcome to Canada folks, I never knew this could happen in a car with the interior warm, but it does and it's a bugger to defrost, weird to watch your kids using an ice scraper on the inside of the car :) )

Auto start, sometimes if it is cold enough auto starting the car engages the heated steering wheel and heated seats is this user selectable somewhere? If it's -30C I don't mind this but at +4C the heated seats and wheel are a bit much :)

Apologies if these are obvious

John
You ask good questions...as you can tell by the crickets you hear instead of responses. Haha

I don't have any idea with regard to the wipers as it sure sounds like it's automatic and climate dependent.

To my knowledge there is no way to control the source of the air in the rear from the front, unfortunately.

With regard to remote starting, I know there is a setting in the gauge cluster that lets you pick one of two options: something about resuming the last setting or automatically selecting the options depending on climate. If you select the latter of the two, this is what happens on remote start:
upload_2018-9-25_8-56-58.png
If you select the former, obviously whatever you had going on when you turned the vehicle off will resume. My experience has been that the steering wheel is going to resume whatever you had it doing when you turned the car off regardless of which of those two options you selected.

No, that is not particularly helpful, but maybe it's a little more information than you had. But I felt bad that no one had responded to your questions. Good luck.

OP
OP
J

JohnT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Aha! Thank you, I went hunting and found the setting. Now all I need is someone to tell me which one to pick because I can see pros and cons for both and I want my cake and eat it. I want the car to figure out by telepathy whether or not I want heated seats and wheel because both of those settings will be wrong depending on my mood and the weather :)