Utility trailer question to those w/o tow package

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dclr

Reaction score
I have a 6’x14’ utility trailer that I use a few times a year hauling 2,000 lbs max.

Is there any benefit for setting up a trailer in the information display for those without the tow package? Reading the Ford Pro Trailer Backup brochure, the trailer blind spot system (BLIS) is interesting but setting it all up looks time consuming if there isn't any real benefit for me

AmpForE

Reaction score
I have a 6’x14’ utility trailer that I use a few times a year hauling 2,000 lbs max.

Is there any benefit for setting up a trailer in the information display for those without the tow package? Reading the Ford Pro Trailer Backup brochure, the trailer blind spot system (BLIS) is interesting but setting it all up looks time consuming if there isn't any real benefit for me

It helps the BLIS system. Check the youtube videos on setting up trailers.

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score

It doesn't take very long to set up the trailer the first time. You name it and answer a couple of questions about brakes and length. After that, it'll recall those trailer settings when you plug the trailer lights in while the car is on. I find the blind spot monitor helpful since I have a hard time gauging distance in the mirrors.