1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vacuum leak

Discussion in '2nd Gen - 2003 - 2006' started by Nick Falcone, Feb 19, 2020.

1. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee Active Member

I did the same repair last year after a rebuild. Just used a little silicon hose.

20190422_110646.jpg

2. BlackCoffee

BlackCoffee Active Member

Check the lines and the EVAP valve next to the brake booster. I replaced that recently. Didn't buy the expensive Ford lines, just used silicone lines and clips. Two different size lines. It is actuated by vacuum (the small line) which could give a misfire. Also, the one line in the EVAP routing goes to the upper intake manifold behind the throttle body. You could have a leak in the vacuum system there. Here is a picture before repair. Replacing my valve solved my 446 code, but I also replaced the lines.

20190422_110628.jpg

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    riphip and Hamfisted like this.
  3. Jdcline54

Jdcline54 Active Member

That could definatly cause what you describe.
    Although it might not be the problem. The only way to know is to fix the issue causing the p0446

4. Msport

Msport Active Member

I also had to replace the yellow line off of the evap valve next to the brake booster (blackcoffee's pic), I don't remember the code I got, but the line was burnt and causing the code.

5. Nick Falcone

Nick Falcone Member

Hey everyone just an update because I forgot to do it when I fixed this issue. It was the EVAP control valve where the spare tire is. It went bad. 60 dollar fix. My misfire was another issue 2 coils went bad cylinder 2 and 3 also the last person who did the coils snapped the screws into the plenum on cylinder 6 and 7 so the coils vibrated up. Had to tap them out. Thank you for all your help!

Hamfisted likes this.
  6. Nick Falcone

Nick Falcone Member

You were 100 percent right thanks for the help!!