vacuum leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

91fox

Reaction score
Here's the fuel pressure, I've been out here for roughly 5 minutes and it's holding at 49 lbs (engine off) engine on psi is the image. The valve is next, hoping that is the issue, however I'm not convinced. Booster holds 25 in lbs of mercury and the reservoir holds as well.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well, the fuel pump's not your problem. That's good pressure.

You're lucky. You don't want to drop that tank anyway....

Last edited:
OP
OP

91fox

Reaction score
I know... I already did it... On a lift it wasn't a pleasant job.. couldn't imagine the fun it would be on the ground

OP
OP

91fox

Reaction score
Okay, so I replaced the purge solenoid and have no codes pending at the moment, only memory codes (no service engine light yet). However, my long term fuel trims are still high, my short term trims are near zero. When I rev the engine up to 2k rpm and slowly let it back down, to idle it still wants to surge at times... However, if I give it a quick tap on the gas it straightens itself out? Any suggestions as to what i should look at next? I'm thinking maybe the throttle body?

OP
OP

91fox

Reaction score
Also. I ran two tests. One with key on engine running and one with the engine off.. both resulted in no codes other than p1000 (monitors)

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Have you looked into the throttle body? How does it look? Is it sooty? Use your favorite cleaner and clean it out. The idle speed issue may be more related to a dirty idle air control valve though. If the throttle body is sooty, chances are that the idle air control valve is too. Spray some cleaner into the inlet pipe for the IAC and let it suck that in. Worst case you might have to replace the IAC. If you open the throttle body butterfly all the way open and look in the very back of the throat, you can see the hole the IAC passes air through to the intake. You might be able to shoot some cleaner into that hole too. But whatever you can do to clean it out will probably help your problem. The long term fuel trims are routinely higher than the short term fuel trims, so I wouldn't worry about that.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog...,fuel+&+air,idle+air+control+(iac)+valve,6072

2L1Z9F715BA-ANG__ra_p.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP

91fox

Reaction score
Is there any known issues with aftermarket iac valves?

OP
OP

91fox

Reaction score
alright, i'll take a look at the throttle body, the iac was already replaced recently, however, ill pop it back off and take a look at it, hopefully that will solve the idle stumbling.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360