Veterans/Police/Firefighters/First Responders Roll Call

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bones

Reaction score
I served as a Deputy Sheriff for 37+ years and retired at the end of December 2017. I picked up the new Expy in April 2018 and it now has 22 thousand miles on it. It is a very comfortable road vehicle for my wife and I.

OP
OP
Sgt Darkness

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm a volunteer with Kent County Search and Rescue, and our local RACES (Radio Amateur Civil Emergency Services). Pretty much the whole reason for buying my Expedition was to hold all of the radios and gear!

If it weren’t for you guys people would die in just a matter of hours.....

OP
OP
Sgt Darkness

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I served as a Deputy Sheriff for 37+ years and retired at the end of December 2017. I picked up the new Expy in April 2018 and it now has 22 thousand miles on it. It is a very comfortable road vehicle for my wife and I.

Great job Bones!!! Seems like we would never get there but once it happens it seems as time went way to fast....We just bought an 18 Expy in Oct and was wondering how yours is holding up? Only have 1500 hundred on her but so far great vehicle for us both.....

Bones

Reaction score
The Expy Platinum Max is doing well.
Only problems:

#1. An on and off again humming sound from the right side of the engine compartment that occurs from time to time but of course it won't happen when the dealer takes it for a drive.

#2. Exterior right and left mirrors when opened from the retracted position on occasion move as far as the mirror and move then continues to try to move further. Again it doesn't happen at the dealer.

#3. When the Expy goes over a bump there is a knocking sound coming the left front door area. The dealer said he couldn't hear it.

OP
OP
Sgt Darkness

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The Expy Platinum Max is doing well.
Only problems:

#1. An on and off again humming sound from the right side of the engine compartment that occurs from time to time but of course it won't happen when the dealer takes it for a drive.

#2. Exterior right and left mirrors when opened from the retracted position on occasion move as far as the mirror and move then continues to try to move further. Again it doesn't happen at the dealer.

#3. When the Expy goes over a bump there is a knocking sound coming the left front door area. The dealer said he couldn't hear it.

#2. My passenger side mirror housing came in and went out several times a week ago for no reason at all. Has behaved well since then.

#3. Can't rem which car it was from, but, I had a knock/rattle sound from the passenger door and after the dealer couldn't find a reason I took the door panel off (when it was easy) and found a wrench that someone left during assembly, still have that wrench to this day.

Observation: We took a 800 mile trip to the Southeast coast and she didn't use any oil at all. Noticed the windshield washer reservoir is either way small or the rest of the tank protrudes down into an area you can't see.

Rmcculloch

Reaction score
Fire Captain/Paramedic in Southern California. Been on full-time for about 17 years. Also on FEMA Urban Search and Rescue team. Great jobs, can’t imagine doing anything else!

Copper93

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have 25 years this month with the Charlotte Mecklenburg police. 15 on patrol and the last 10 as a detective. Every once in awhile think about going back to patrol, but the wife isn’t feeling it.