Want real tow mirrors for your Expy? Here's how (lot of pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VMAN8R

Reaction score
Door panel removal/courtesy light on mirror

:favorites37:THANKS CMAN1120,
I WAS ACTUALLY JUST TRYING TO FIND SOME GOOD INSTRUCTION ON DOOR PANEL REMOVAL, YOUR INSTRUCTIONS ON THAT PART WERE CRYSTAL CLEAR. EVEN THOUGH I HAVE YET TO PUT THEM INTO ACTION, I THINK I CAN...I THINK I CAN...LOL I DO HAVE ONE QUESTION ABOUT THE STOCK MIRRORS... MY COURTESY LIGHTBULB ON THE PASSENGER SIDE IS OUT. HOW DO YOU REPLACE IT? DOES THE PLASTIC LENSE JUST POP OFF SOMEHOW? :think: MINE IS AN O3 EDDIE BAUER EXP.
THANKS FOR YOUR HELP...AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Does it have the turn signal as well or the courtesy light only? If it has the turn signal, grab one side of the mirror glass and pop it out, then you'll see a little tab at the bottom that releases the turn signal lens. Squeeze that and you'll see the location of the courtesy and turn signal bulbs

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
does anybody know what the part number would be for a replacement passenger mirror glass that is convex? I'm assuming the 2009+ f150 tow mirror glass is the same

46L281GT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wanted to add a little to this thread. If you have these mirrors and are interested in doing the puddle lamp conversion to LEDs, these puddle lamps are not the same as F150 tow mirrors and they do not use the same bulb. Instead of a festoon type bulb, it is a wedge. The link below is the bulbs I just purchased and they are the perfect size. any longer and they would not have fit. I am waiting for the lenses to finish gluing and then I can post a picture if anybody is interested. It is a great upgrade for just 5 bucks and they dim just like the standard ones did. Only word of caution is test them before you glue the lens back on since LEDs are not dual polarity. If one does not work, just flip it over and reinstall it. Hope this helps someone!

Amazon.com: Cutequeen 4PCS LED Car Lights Bulb White T10 3528 20-SMD 194 168 (pack of 4): Automotive

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I want the F150 version with all features including power folding and the clearance and signal lights in them. There has got to be a way to make these work....

1ATony

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If anyone has questions about our tow mirrors or needs help selecting them for your vehicle, you can PM me or reply to this thread. Thank you to the original poster for the write-up

Tony

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Put the mirrors on last night. Will take a little getting used to...
I'm being serious that I would give up the puddle light, blinker and maybe even power adjustment in exchange for power folding...

Anyone else realize you could see more out of your factory convex passenger mirror than out of this towing passenger mirror, it's a ** flat mirror! :facepalm: