Want real tow mirrors for your Expy? Here's how (lot of pics)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimmyM

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OK. So I've got the first one installed and was testing. The glass pivots up/down, but not in/out. I reconnected the factory mirror and it works the way it should.
I installed the black & green/purple wires per the included instructions.
Below are pics of the factory and towing mirror plugs.
Factory Picture HERE
Tow Mirror Picture HERE

Sorry. Having trouble embedding pictures.

Never mind. I had to use the included pigtail to get things to work. All set. Installed, looking and working great.
Now on to the broken passenger side wiper.

Last edited:

ranger10

Reaction score
Replaced the right (passenger) mirror today with the OEM F-150 right heated mirror 7L3Z-17K707-C. $36 for the glass. It snaps in and fits almost exactly like the one I removed, Like always, the Chinese couldn't quite copy OEM "exactly", so the mirror is slightly twisted counter-clockwise.
I took the glass out again and removed some plastic allowing it to snap on straight. It is so tight that it won't rotate on its own. See the before and after trimming pics.
Also look at the pictures and see the view differences. I'd leave it crooked all day long compared to the flat mirror. Not copying exactly or improving on OEM was just plain stupid in my opinion.

Also, for your reading enjoyment...
I know this thread is pretty old. However, has anyone found a version of the passenger side mirror glass that also has the BLIS indicator? Looking for a part number if anyone has one.