Wanted: Tow Mirrors OEM replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris Wilder

Reaction score
does anyone know if someone makes a tow mirror to replace the factory mirrors on the 2017’s yet? I find them for older models. Although they look like they should fit, I want to be sure.
Thanks in advance.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
This subject has been discussed a billion times on this website.... a BILLION TIMES

OP
OP
C

Chris Wilder

Reaction score
I tried that Habbibie. Nothing specific for the 2017. Thanks for the suggestion, but you could have been a bit more polite to a newbie, not using multiple posts. Some of us aren't as computer smart as you might be.
I would love to find an exact match so I take the guess work out.
Anyway, I still thank you and wish you a good day.

Habbibie

Is it Christmas yet?
Reaction score
I tried that Habbibie. Nothing specific for the 2017. Thanks for the suggestion, but you could have been a bit more polite to a newbie, not using multiple posts. Some of us aren't as computer smart as you might be.
I would love to find an exact match so I take the guess work out.
Anyway, I still thank you and wish you a good day.

You're a kind man and have you ever heard of the saying "kill'em with kindness" yea... anyways I used the search function and I found these on the first page

https://www.1aauto.com/search?q=mirror+pair&year=2015&model=2240

And in this thread they discuss a few possible options and if you read the last post its accurate you can send a mirror back if it doesn't fit

http://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/do-f150-or-f250-tow-mirrors-fit-our-trucks.33307/

Greg S

Reaction score
does anyone know if someone makes a tow mirror to replace the factory mirrors on the 2017’s yet? I find them for older models. Although they look like they should fit, I want to be sure.
Thanks in advance.

I had ordered the Trail Ridge tow mirrors for my 2008 Expedition, installed then and they worked flawlessly. I just traded in my 2008 for a 2016 about a month ago, and took my tow mirrors off of the 2008 and installed them on my 2016. The harnesses were compatible except for the side to side power adjustment doesn’t work; however the rest of the functions work great (up/down, heat, and turn signal are functional.) I recall having to plug two wires in to the appropriate place on the harness when I initially installed them on the 2008, so am just guessing I need to move those wires to another location on the harness. Sounds difficult but is really only a 5 minute job, so when I have some time I plan to compare the wire harness from my OEM mirror to the tow mirror and make the necessary adjustments. Otherwise, they fit perfect and are fully functional.

Sorry for the long winded response but if they fit my 2016, I would imagine the prior year 3rd gen mirrors should fit your 2017 since the body style didn’t change until 2018.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you need the part number off of the ones I bought for my 2008 and I can get it off of the box when I get home and post it.

Good luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Chris Wilder

Reaction score
I finaly broke down and ordered them from Trail Ridge. They fit and work great. Haven’t checked side to side adjustment though. I know that everything else seems to work flawlessly.
Thank you Greg.