Water pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
Not really a mechanic but can anyone confirm my belief that I have a leaking water pump from this picture? Also, are there any TSBs out there for these to be replaced? 2016 Expedition 06CC0691-D847-4E55-92D4-CE129DC01F74.png

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not really a mechanic but can anyone confirm my belief that I have a leaking water pump from this picture? Also, are there any TSBs out there for these to be replaced? 2016 Expedition View attachment 72270

Sure looks like it is leaking.

Mine was replaced at 75,*** miles. It only leaked when the engine was running, and the leak was small (about a one-inch drop in coolant in the reservoir over one week).

‘I’m not aware of any TSB - but there was an updated pump and pulley kit according to the service advisor at the dealership when I had it replaced.

OP
OP
blackedoutlimited

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
Sure looks like it is leaking.

Mine was replaced at 75,*** miles. It only leaked when the engine was running, and the leak was small (about a one-inch drop in coolant in the reservoir over one week).

‘I’m not aware of any TSB - but there was an updated pump and pulley kit according to the service advisor at the dealership when I had it replaced.
Yeah it’s only been leaking 2 mornings now after startup for about 3 minutes. Enough to make a small puddle each time. I’m thinking it’s the seal bc after the truck warms up, leak stops completely. Thank you for the reply!

Yupster Dog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah it’s only been leaking 2 mornings now after startup for about 3 minutes. Enough to make a small puddle each time. I’m thinking it’s the seal bc after the truck warms up, leak stops completely.

The water pump has a weep hole.
When your water pump seal starts to go bad it lets coolant out the weep hole as a warning.

OP
OP
blackedoutlimited

blackedoutlimited

Reaction score
Additional update. Fords aftermarket warranty solutions will not cover any tube assembly, fitting, connector, etc , metal or plastic unless associated with AC or power steering. So $1022 later I’ll be getting a new water pump (covered, $100 deductible) new Ford lime green coolant flush (orange has been found to wear away components prematurely), and several new coolant hoses on the driver side turbo. $720 for labor… stealership at it again…

Last edited: