WAZE compatibility with SYNC 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Munkiebunz3

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm going to assume that you are using android & answer with my experience:
No it's not going to be a problem. I use USB to do android auto & also use other apps to do music The music plays via usb connection & is controllable via the wheel buttons

Zachary Seese

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced the Waze CarPlay app crashing? About every other time I use voice search it freezes and crashes. Hopefully an update will come soon to fix that. But I took a trip to Houston from Oklahoma this weekend and was so glad to finally have it available on the big screen!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was able to get Waze to work on my 17 Expy. I dont like it. It is slow to respond to commands and when you look for additional routes to drive to avoid traffic, it only shows 1 full line of alternatate route 1 and half of route #2. It does not show route three. This is because the map is in landscape on the Expy. When I use my Iphone 7 with Waze, I keep it in portrait mode so I can see upcoming issues down the road sooner almost 5 miles ahead. On the Expy spcreen in landacape, I can only see about 1.5-2 miles down the road. That does not give me enought time to see potential delays ahead of me (traffic, accident) and be able to check other alternate routes and get off the interstate in time. Most interstate exits in central VA are more than 3-5 miles apart so it's too late to get off before you are stuck in traffic.